Friday, April 3, 2009

Create Your Path



Things at my "normal job" are slow. Very slow. Policy changes are making it difficult to earn a living. My once filled classes are down to nothing and nothing equates to no pay.

So what do you do when life hands you lemons? Well, since I love lemons, I'm more likely than not to make a lemon cheesecake or lemon meringue pie.

When I'm full, I create my own path.

And so I did. I called a local establishment and asked them about teaching a class in flower making (out of icing) there. I was approached about this idea a couple of years ago but now it was time to revisit this idea. I was met with enthusiasm and excitement.

I was in shock.

Instead of naysaying my idea in my mind before I even called or filling myself with doubt, I just *did* it.

My challenge to all of you today is don't think about what you want. Just get it. Don't hesitate or overthink the situation. Don't play out scenarios in your mind of what will happen when "they say no" or "they can't help me". Instead, talk as if it's already yours.... it's already done.

I never thought it would actually work but hey, we're having lemonade for lunch.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

yeah! yeah! yeah!!